New Jersey – Schooleys Mountain Retreat Center (North Campus)!
Ethos is coming to the gorgeous forests of New Jersey August 13th-15th! Here’s what you need to know:
Tues-Thurs, August 13th-15th. 9-5 each day.
How much is it?
$199 per student for a 3-day camp.
What formats will you be coaching?
LD and TP.
What experience level is this camp intended for?
Everyone! We’ll have multiple coaches there, so we’ll be able to split up novices, intermediate, and advanced. If you’ve never done a debate round before, you should come. If you won nationals last year, you should still come! Everyone has more to learn.
What league will you be coaching?
We’ll be coaching debate. Regardless of what league you compete in, this camp will work for you. However, since our audience is mostly from NCFCA at this camp, we’ll be using cases and examples from the NCFCA resolutions as well as having some breakout sessions to discuss the new resolutions. If enough people are interested, we’ll have breakout sessions for other resolutions.
How old do I have to be before I can attend?
We recommend attendees be above the age of thirteen. See this video for an explanation of why. However, this is more of a guideline than a rule. Email us at email@example.com if you’re interested in an exception.
Are there any discounts or scholarships?
There’s a family discount that takes 20% off of your order. It’s only applicable for families purchasing multiple tickets for multiple siblings. Upon checkout, when asked for a discount code, use the code 2019Family.
Partial and occasionally full scholarships are available for those in true need. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org explaining your situation.
Will you provide meals or housing?
The retreat center offers on-site room/board/meals. Please review pricing information below and contact our host (contact info included) to secure your spot as soon as possible!
2 Nights (Tues & Wed) and 7 meals (Tue lunch to Thurs Lunch): Adults $140, Children $105
3 Nights (Mon – Wed) and 8 meals (Tue breakfast – Thurs lunch): Adults $180, Children $130
Day Guest Fee: Adults $15/day, Children $6/day
All checks for room and board should be made out to Angela Liu: 58 Amagansett Drive, Morganville, NJ 07751. Please email Angela Liu at email@example.com for questions and details. If you choose to stay outside of the retreat center, a $15/day commuter fee applies. A check with this fee should be mailed to Angela Liu at the above address. Commuters are welcome to bring food or order onsite meals through pre-order.
Vice President, Head Coach
- Vice President and Co-Owner of Ethos Communications
- 2nd Place National TP Speaker 2015
- 9th National TP Team 2015
- Co-wrote over 100 lectures for Ethos Curriculum
- Coached over 550 students in LD, TP, Parli, speech, logic, interviews, and academic writing
- Extensive experience in corporate communications and marketing
- Coached novice NSDA LD Novice Club to finals
- Created logic/rhetoric class for 9-11 year old students, to multiple follow-up requests and rave reviews
- South Carolina American Legion Oratorical Champion
- Won nine different debate/speech events in a semester
- 2019 Coolidge Cup Champion
- 2018 NC National Open LD Champion
- 2017 NC National Open TP Champion
- 9th in Moot Court and 5th in Extemp at nationals
- 6th in TP at nationals twice in a row